Regulations for CYCU Chang Ching Yu Memorial Library Locker Management
passed by 1st Library Committee Meeting(2009 school year) on Nov. 17, 2009
revised by 2nd Library Committee Meeting(2009 school year) on May 12, 2010
revised by 2nd Library Committee Meeting(2012 school year) on May 7, 2013
CYCU Chang Ching Yu Memorial Library (hereafter referred to as “the Library”) formulated the regulations in order to provide temporary and long-term lease lockers for patrons to store their belongings while in the Library.
Patrons who use lockers should keep an eye on their valuables. The Library is not responsible for any loss or damage.
Beverage, food , dangerous, or prohibited items are not allowed to be stored in lockers .
Patrons who use lockers are responsible for damage to lockers or other patrons’ belongings stored , if applicable.
(1) Free to use and no registration required. Lockers need to be emptied before Library closes.
(2) If lockers are not emptied before Library closes, the Library has the right to take actions on those items and patron shall have no objection.
(3) Continued with (2) above, if items left in lockers belong to the Library (books, DVD…etc.) then they will be checked in.
Long-term lease lockers:
(1) Only CYCU student, faculty / staff (including family), retirees, or alumni with borrowing privileges are eligible for renting these lockers. Patron, presenting student ID, CYCU employee's ID card, Library card or other Library authorized ID, may apply at entrance and reception desk on Library 2nd floor, sign lease agreement, pay the rent, and get a key for locker.
(2) One patron is eligible for renting one locker on a week by week basis for up to one month. The rent is NT$50 for one week and NT$150 for one month. No transfer or refund is allowed. Key must be returned to the Library upon expiration.
(3) Patron will be fined if he/she does not return locker key upon expiration, with NT$50 per day starting next day from due date and up to NT$300. Borrowing privileges will be suspended until fines are paid.
(4) To protect patron’s right as a tenant, once the identity verification process is completed and locker key has been handed to patron, he/she is required to lock his/her locker immediately. During rental period, patron is assigned unlimited access to the locker.
(5) If patron who rents locker does not have key with him/her, he/she can ask for help at the entrance & reception desk. Service is free for the first time and will cost NT$50 afterwards.
(6) If patron who rents locker loses key, NT$300 fines will be imposed. Patron’s borrowing privileges will be suspended until the fee is paid in full.
(7) Library will send a courtesy notice to patron by e-mail or stick a note on locker 3 days before due date. Patron is required to empty locker before or on due date. Library will empty locker day after due date, if necessary.
(8) Items emptied out from locker will be announced for claim for 14 days. Afterwards, Library has the right to dispose them by its own and patron shall have no objection.
(9) During rental period, if one of the following circumstances occurs, Library has the right to terminate tenancy without returning rent and patron shall have no objection.
a. Hazardous items which are flammable or corrosive, or putrid goods are stored in locker
b. Illegal items are stored in locker and patron is involved in illegal actions using locker
c. Patron sublets or lends locker to others
(10) To ensure public safety and food hygiene, Library is authorized by law to take actions in case one of the above circumstances occurs. Patron who violates any of the above rules and if violation has been confirmed, will be deprived the privileges to rent locker for 6 months in addition to termination of current tenancy.
Rules and any amendment go into effect when passed by Library Committee Meeting.