CYCU Chang Ching Yu Memorial Library Book Fund Allocation Guidelines for Departments and Units
passed by 1st Library Committee Meeting(2010 school year) on Nov.18, 2010
revised by 2st Library Committee Meeting(2013 school year) on May 07, 2013
revised by 1st Library Committee Meeting(2017 school year) on Nov.09, 2017
revised by 2nd Library Committee Meeting(2018 school year) on May 09, 2019
CYCU Chang Ching Yu Memorial Library (hereafter referred to as “the Library”) formulates the Guidelines in order to allow each department and unit to effectively make use of allocated funds, develop a well-balanced library collection, and achieve the goal of supporting for CYCU teaching and research.
Source of Funding：
Each year, the Library allocates funds for each CYCU department and unit according to the “CYCU Chang Ching Yu Memorial Library Fund Allocation Regulations For Resources” and announces allocations of funds and procedures at the beginning of each school year.
Use of Funds:
(1) The funds are used to purchase professional materials (books and other formats such as audio and visual materials) recommended by each department and unit.
(2) The expenses of purchasing materials for each department and unit may not exceed 15% of the allocated funds.
(3) The Library may reallocate funds, if there is a balance in some departments or units, four months before the end of school year. The reallocations will be made based on different demands for recommendations and will not be restricted to article 3 (2).
Recommendation Processing Time:
Each department and unit is required to submit its recommendation requests from August 1st to March 31st of the following year. If a balance occurs afterwards, the Library will start the process of reallocation of funds from April 1st to the end of school year.
(1) The list of recommendations for each department and unit shall be approved by the its supervisor before submitted to the Library.
(2) After receiving the list of recommendations, the Library will check for duplicates, estimate costs and place orders, etc.
(3) Each month , the Library announces and informs each department and unit the list of purchased materials, order status, and funds status, etc.
(1) In order to speed up the procurement process, please use Library Catalog to check for duplicates to avoid repeat purchase. Except in limited circumstances, please do not recommend titles which are already owned by the Library.
(2) Faculty/staff who makes an urgent recommendation, due to needs for teaching or research, is required to specify deadline for shipment.
(3) If any of the recommended titles is required for teaching or a course, recommendation list should be submitted before the semester begins.
(4) Bibliographical data for the recommended titles shall be as detailed as possible (title, author, year of publication, edition, publisher, ISBN).
(5) If any faculty/staff who makes a recommendation would like to receive priority borrowing service, he/she is required to make a note on the recommendation list. When recommended title(s) arrive, Library would place hold for him/her.
Guidelines go into effect when passed/revised by Library Committee Meeting and approved by the President.