Guidelines for Using Computers in CYCU Chang Ching Yu Memorial Library
passed by Library Coordinate Meeting (2015 school year) on Nov. 4, 2015
revised by Library Coordinate Meeting (2017 school year) on Nov. 8, 2017
revised by 4th Library Coordinate Meeting (2021 school year) on Apr. 6, 2021
CYCU Chang Ching Yu Memorial Library (hereafter referred to as“the Library”) formulates the guidelines in order to ensure that the rights of CYCU faculty, staff, and student’s to be preserved and that computer facilities to be used effectively.
Computer facilities in the Library are for academic use only. Patrons may use them to search library catalogs or electronic resources, however, ant linkage for erotic, gaming- or gambling- oriented purpose will be totally prohibited.
Patrons are required to obey the provisions of agreement with database providers while using electronic resources. Furthermore, patrons must also respect for Intellectual property rights, i.e., do not attempt numerous downloads or printings.
Please obey copyright law when using audiovisual materials. Illegal downloading, broadcasting materials which violate copyright law, or copying library resources without permission are strictly prohibited.
Target users: Library patrons with borrowing privileges.
(1) Except for those computer facilities which are not furnished with chairs, each public computer facility is required for patrons to enter with i-Touch or Library account.
(2) Every patron is entitled to use a computer facility for 2 hours (3 hours for Audiovisual Area). The reservation function will not be activated until all computer facilities are occupied. Patron may continue to use if no others are waiting in line.
(3) System will send notices to patrons twice, 10 and 5 minutes before the 2-hour period respectively, so that patrons will have time to save data. System will be restored when patron logs out.
(4) During the 2-hour period, patron may temporarily leave for up to 10 minutes. After that, system will automatically log out and the computer facility is available for next patron.
(5) Reservation will be automatically cancelled when patron is unable to log in within 10 minutes.
Penalty: Upon failure to comply with Article 2 or 3 or 4 and ignorance of the Library’s dissuade, patron will be deprived privilege of using computer facilities for 7 days.
Patrons have responsibilities to compensate the Library’s loss if computer facilities are damaged due to deliberate action or improper use, or invasion of copyrights.
Guidelines go into effect when passed by Library Coordinate Meeting.