CYCU Chang Ching Yu Memorial Library Creative Learning Room Principals for Use
passed by 2nd Library Committee Meeting(2009 school year) on May 12, 2010
passed by 2nd Library Committee Meeting(2012 school year) on May 7, 2013
In order to make the usage of the collections in the CYCU Chang Ching Yu Memorial library (library for short) more convenient for students and faculties of our university and of partner schools of the Teaching Resources Center in the Taoyuan, Hsinchu and Miaoli area to conduct small group teaching/ research, courses discussion or video clip appreciation, we have especially established the creative learning room of CYCU Chang Ching Yu Memorial library and the principals for its use (principals for short).
(1) Students and faculties in our university and in partner schools of Teaching Resources Center in the Taoyuan, Hsinchu and Miaoli area may apply to borrow the area in accordance with the following principals.
(2) The number of borrowers should be at least 5, and no more than 25.
Methods of Application
(1) On-line application: fill in the application form on-line.
(2) Field application: borrowers should bring their faculty credentials or student ID card to the Reference and Consulting area on the second floor and fill in the application form. A period is 2 hrs. No more than 2 periods can be applied for at a time. Reservation cannot be made in excess of 2 weeks in advance.
(3) After application, applicants can check out the results of their application on the website of library.
(1) During the Semester: 8：30 - 21：50, Mon. – Fri.9：00 – 16:50, Sat. – Sun
(2) During winter break & summer vacation: yet to be announced.
(3) National holidays & flexible holidays: unavailable.
(4) In case of special situations the library will make announcement beforehand, and change the available time.
Rules for applicants
(1) If people use the resources in this area without applying or without meeting the qualifications, the library has the right to ask that they discontinue use. If people are still unwilling to cooperate after being asked, the library has the right to suspend the violators’ privileges to apply for use of the area for 1 month.
(2) If the exact number of users does not correspond to the application, the library has the right to ask that the users discontinue their use according to the situation. If people are still not willing to cooperate after being asked, the library has the right to suspend the violator’s privileges to apply for use of the area for 1 month.
(3) Users who have made reservations should personally go to the Reference desk with an identification or student ID to sign-in and collect the key within 15 minutes of the time of reservation. If more than 15 minutes has passed the reservation is considered abandoned and the library will allow others to borrow without objection.
(4) Borrowers are not allowed to conduct any activities that are not in accordance with the regulations. No food or drink, speaking loudly or other inappropriate behavior is allowed. If a violation occurs the library will immediately suspend use and the rights of borrowing for 3 months.
(5) If borrowers are not capable of using the borrowed materials during the arranged time for any reason, they should notify the library beforehand to cancel. The library has the right to suspend the rights of a person to apply for the use of the area in the event that he/she violate the rules.
(6) Borrowers should keep the tables and chairs clean and well-arranged and remove books and other materials before leaving. Lights should be turned off and doors should be locked. Keys should be returned to the Reference desk。
(7) The key should be returned immediately after use. Borrowers who lose a key are responsible for the cost of key replacement and will lose the right to apply for use of the area for 1 month.
(8) If damages are caused by the improper use of facilities, borrowers will be responsible for the costs of repairs. Other equipment is not allowed to be brought into the room without permission.
(9) In order to abide with copyright laws, only collections with“Public Broadcasting Rights”can be broadcasted in the library.
Other violations will be dealt with in accordance with the“CYCU Chang Ching Yu Memorial Library Management Policies”.
The principals or amendments will be implemented once approved by the Library Committee.