CYCU Chang Ching Yu Memorial Library Book and Materials Donation Guidelines
passed by 2nd Library Committee Meeting(2012 school year) on May 07, 2013
revised by 2nd Library Committee Meeting(2018 school year) on May. 09, 2019
CYCU Chang Ching Yu Memorial Library (hereafter referred as “the Library”) formulates the guidelines in order to develop an effective process for donations of books and other materials.
Library appreciates donations of various books, periodicals and other materials that support the academic programs of the university and conform to Library resources development policy. Library will not accept the followings:
(1) Items that are damaged.
(2) Items that have violent or sexual contents.
(3) Items with out-of-date content or no academic value.
(4) Items that are obsolete textbooks or exercise books.
(5) Items that are parts of an incomplete set or single issue of a periodical.
(6) Items with lines, annotation, or head notes that affect reading quality.
(7) Items that Library already owns the maximum number of copies.
(8) Items without copyright.
(9) Items that do not conform to Library resources development policy.
In order to comply with the above rules, Library may, if necessary, consult related department or unit before making decisions.
The Library reserves the right to accept, exchange, or discard donated materials. Donated materials which are selected for Library collection will be processed using the same criteria as purchases.
The library will not store donated materials separately on an exclusive shelf or room in order to standardize shelving of library collection.
The Library will, upon request of the donor, provide a thank you letter for donated items. Donor’s name will be added to donated item in the Library automation system.
Guidelines go into effect when passed/revised by Library Committee Meeting and approved by the President.